Thursday, March 19, 2009

What Would You Do?

My mother told me today that Christianity is like ice on the road. The more you go to church, the more your belief in Christ will grow, just as how ice thickens when you don't clear it up. And when all the ice thickens, it will be very hard to break it.

So I told her,’ What’s the point of clearing the ice when you know very well that it will settle on the road again?'

She only said' That's why you have to persevere.'

Persevere? Against what? A picture began to form in my mind after what she said.

In the picture, I visualized the ice forming on the road, and how a person struggled to stand on the ice. The ice thickened, growing taller and taller everyday. The man wanted to give up, but he decided to keep going. When he reached the top, God was there, smiling at him. He held his hand tightly and hugged him.

Imagine what would have happened if the person cleared off all the ice or if he decided to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment