Sunday, March 1, 2009

First time at Heart of God Church

Today I went to Heart of God Church in Paya Lebar with my brother. For a very long time, he has been telling me about how great the church was, and I could only imagine how good it was in my head. Only today, after really going there myself, did I realise how great it really is.It was really a rock concert, nothing like All Saint's Church in Anglican High School.

Today I learnt some things:
  1. Proverbs 27:7
  • When you are full, you will refuse honey, but when you are hungry, even bitter food tastes sweet.
  • This shows that one will be happy as long as they are satisfied

2. Christianity is NOT Communism

  • Christianity: many rich, no poor
  • Communism: no rich no poor

3.Poverty is a mentality. People can be rich but still live in poverty

4.James 2:15-16

  • Suppose there are brothers or sisters who need clothes and don't have enough to eat. What good is there in your saying to them, "God bless you! Keep warm and eat well!"-If you don't give them the necessities of life?

To end off, if anyoneone wants to come to Heart of God Church, just tell me and I'll try to bring you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment